Can't print a pattern to scale?????

Nick2cd

Im about to lose my mind!!! i have tried everything but i just can't get sketchup to print my design to scale. it seems so simple. it's 6.5" x 2" i have read googles directions, but im still at a complete loss because it still doesn't work. how can this be so difficult????

This is a topic that comes up from time to time, and one that causes a lot of frustration. Here is a similar thread with some details that may help. http://woodtalkonline.com/topic/1423-printing-a-template/

You didn't say what was wrong - is it printing across multiple pages, or won't it print to scale at all? The two tips below will cure these two issues, most of the time.

Top tips:

1. SketchUp wants to print the entire visible window, not just the objects in the window. So if you can see a bunch of empty space around your 6.5" x 2" object then SketchUp wants to print that too. Resize the window or zoom to get the window tight around your object before printing.

2. To print to scale in the print dialog box, you must first have your camera set to "Parallel Projection". It's typically set to "Perspective", so you must change it. This is on the "Camera" menu.

If that still didn't help, feel free to post your model. I'll take a look and see if there's something else going on. And feel free to PM me too.

This is a topic that comes up from time to time, and one that causes a lot of frustration. Here is a similar thread with some details that may help. http://woodtalkonline.com/topic/1423-printing-a-template/ You didn't say what was wrong - is it printing across multiple pages, or won't it print to scale at all? The two tips below will cure these two issues, most of the time. Top tips: 1. SketchUp wants to print the entire visible window, not just the objects in the window. So if you can see a bunch of empty space around your 6.5" x 2" object then SketchUp wants to print that too. Resize the window or zoom to get the window tight around your object before printing. 2. To print to scale in the print dialog box, you must first have your camera set to "Parallel Projection". It's typically set to "Perspective", so you must change it. This is on the "Camera" menu. If that still didn't help, feel free to post your model. I'll take a look and see if there's something else going on. And feel free to PM me too.

sorry, i was not very specific when typing my original post. i'll blame that on transient frustration :D Anyways, the item wants to print out onto 6 pages. 4 of the pages are blank, then the drawing is split onto two pages.