Tool cart envy!

lemonjello

Haha! No, they're not stones, although it does look like it. It is a piece of a silicone rubbery sink mat. It's nice and grippy. I cut it to fit and laid in the top so I can remove it and vacuum dust and debris. Great for "landing" the sander or the saw on.

The garage rail pkg came with a bunch of different hooks so I can move stuff around, add or remove hooks. The best addition were the baskets and pieces of PVC onto the shelf piece(got from dollar store) to put all the vacuum tools and pencils etc.

post-2652-0-18430100-1324667600_thumb.jp

post-2652-0-90950700-1324667620_thumb.jp

Haha! No, they're not stones, although it does look like it. It is a piece of a silicone rubbery sink mat. It's nice and grippy. I cut it to fit and laid in the top so I can remove it and vacuum dust and debris. Great for "landing" the sander or the saw on.

The garage rail pkg came with a bunch of different hooks so I can move stuff around, add or remove hooks. The best addition were the baskets and pieces of PVC onto the shelf piece(got from dollar store) to put all the vacuum tools and pencils etc.

do you use the rubber mat to keep you wood from moving as your sanding? and what exactly is it where did you get it because i am looking for something similar for work to keep my wood from moving and keep it geting it marred by sawdust.

Nice, like the hook lip you put around the landing pad for other tool hooks. I had mine like that for a couple years (with a Sys4 raising the landing pad) then swapped it out for a Sys1 I wasn't using (C-12 drill box; it's always out) stacked with a 4-drawer sortainer (Sys3 height). Love having the sortainer there for pliers, drill bits, all the drill chucks, etc. You might not have an open side for the drawers, but the idea might work if you put the sortainer first then Sys1 stacked above before the landing pad and simply put tools that don't hang down too low on that side so you don't block the drawers; maybe that basket could be on that side.

Definitely makes it that everything is right there!

just got my own tool cart............its a big masterforce tool cabinet that way i can move everything around and lock up my tools at night since my tools are at work. going to get a side cabinet to put my sander/spray unit it and then i can use the top of it as a small table top. now i can push the cart around to help the kids and dont have to make lots of trips to take to get the tools i need. but i want to get some kind of rubber mat to keep my wood from moving around on me and keep the wood from geting marks on it.