Hello from the Netherlands

Loki

Hi all, I'm a beginning woodworker and currently learning full-time in a one man company who makes ehh... pretty much everything from furniture, window and door frames to making interiors for yachts.

I used to study in IT, which I'm still interested in, and still the go to guy when it comes to computers (even at work :P) but not on a professional level anymore. It also comes in handy for designing stuff of course. (yay, SketchUp!) I got into woodworking when I was looking at a secretary desk and thought it would be fun to make something myself too. So, being 26 years old, I started learning all over again.

When I have enough experience I'd love to start my own company in humidors, jewel boxes and other luxury items... now I hope there is a large enough market for it though. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

@ iSawitFirst

Looks like it. If I look how long some brands for humidors exist that sell for a minimum of a thousand bucks, I guess there is. The idea of selling my products international is also very alluring.

Also not totally unrelated, next to woodworking, I also have a passion for cigars. So I can't say the idea was hard to come by. :P

@ Gregory

Nothing too fancy yet, I've made a desk for the my employers wife. So some sawing, planing, using the biscuit joiner, lots of time using the router and my first experience with the holz-her belt sander (old model festool BS 105 I think)... wasn't expecting the pulling force on that machine haha.

Also made some outdoor furniture among other things.

There was this quick little project of the flush plane that I posted. A few minutes of work, but a great add to the shop.

I'm currently doing some planning on a coffee table for myself. I'll be sure to post pictures of this project when I'm working on that. I'm still working on the design, but this is what I have so far.

post-1422-068279200 1284592225_thumb.jpg

Nice coffee table. I love your country. Last time I went to Germany studying top end kitchen accessory items my plane from Stuttgart was delayed and forced me to stay in Amsterdam. Great beer and I did not partake in the obvious choices. Was amazed how can people live in such small spaces.

Haha yeah, Amsterdam is a bit too crowded for my liking. I live in the most northern province which is a lot better. I'm born and raised in the city, but I'd rather live away from it, preferably own a farmhouse with a big shed and lots of workspace, but I'll need to win the lottery first. :P