I Roll With Roubo

thewoodwhisperer

Hey folks. Jonathan has an extra t-shirt from last year that says, "I Roll with Roubo". Its a pretty cool shirt and he wants to give it away to a Guild member. He only has one and the size is Large.

So if you are a Guild member and you wear a size Large t-shirt, leave a comment on this thread to enter! We'll pick a winner randomly.

Thanks Jonathan for offering the shirt up!

A very nice accessory for the bench and just my size.

And speaking of accessories ... there's a cool accessory I found in a Benchcrafted demo available here:

At 4:25 in the video, he slides in a second, removable leg vise where the deadman would go. A very useful addition when it comes to working long boards horizontally or wide board vertically.

A very nice accessory for the bench and just my size.

And speaking of accessories ... there's a cool accessory I found in a Benchcrafted demo available here:

At 4:25 in the video, he slides in a second, removable leg vise where the deadman would go. A very useful addition when it comes to working long boards horizontally or wide board vertically.

Ispoke to a couple of people about this and found out that most people prefer the sliding deadman over the sliding leg vise. I went to buy another leg vise from benchcrafted and they talked me out of it, saying that the deadman has most utility and versatility that the leg vise. Jameel Abraham acctually said his sliding leg vise does nothing but collect dust now that they incorporated the sliding deadman. Of which, was very cool of them to talk me out of buying another leg vise from them. Great guys over there at benchcrafted.
  • Like 1

You can tell that Jameel really has his sharpening technique down. My plane blades never seem so smooth - even with wax. If you close your eyes and picture snow, it sounds like he's skiing at St. Moritz!