feedback

Adam howarth wood

You miss spelled finnish when you are showing the stuff you have made Use a soft color for your back ground a blue or green pink something

that will made it easier to look at the screen try not to use pure white or black it is a strain on the eyes. Creams and blues are easier to look at.

and break up the solid color of the back ground even just a gradual lightening from one side to the other will make it easier for people to look at

your page and hold their attention. I personally would remove the boxes from around your titles and paragraphs or at least use a more mellow

color scheme as it is you have green frame around red letters in title and purple in sentences. Remember that anything that is boxed in will

create the impression that it is solid/boxed in/contained/trapped which will then make it so that people don’t easily flow from the wording to your

pictures. If you do keep you framing and since your pictures are all framed in white I would frame your wording in a white or off white that’s if you

framed it at all. Remember keep the framing on your pictures it draws the eye so that you automatically look at the images Try and find uniformity

around all the pages. This is so that when you go from page to page your viewer will not have to struggle to connect what they have read before

with what they are reading now. Contrasts make the brain struggle to view what they are looking at which depending on what your making can be

a good thing but on a web page the strain can make people move to a different site quickly. You want them to stay on your site and view all that

you have the longer they look the more likely they will buy what you got. in your turning section remove “I have mastered turning after a year” it

makes you sound like you are bragging and older wood turners would probably feel put out after turning for years. I have only been doing it for a

few months and it makes me feel a little put out. Never ever alienate your customers a customer buys you as much as your product. A turner that

I know told me the lathe has a short learning curve but it has a life time of mastering the small details of the wood. in the about me section I would

think about where you want to go with your wood working. What you would like to learn. who has given you your inspiration, what you have

learned in the last year and why you decided to become more serious in this endeavor. talk about what you love about the projects and what you

found to be a struggle to overcome.(example for me is the wood itself I try and let the wood tell me and inspire me as too what it will turn out like)

if you write from your personality your viewers will feel a better connection to you and in turn the things you have made.(closer a connection that

they have to your wood projects the more they will want to own one) you might want to talk to your English teachers to help you write up some

paragraphs about yourself your furniture and your turnings they can give you great advice and help since they went to school to learn how to

write correctly and professionally. and as a teacher myself they should love that you are looking for their help to better yourself. Try to make all

your photos uniform in size and shape. if they all are the same it will look more like a portfolio and be professional the more professional you

appear the more people will view you and your product as a solid investment and want to own. start thinking of stuff you might like to make to sell

and then start making a sales page because what you have made appears to be well made and you might be able to sell a few items. I know its

a lot to take in but If you have any questions or want more help I have worked at a place that they specialized in setting up business pages and

would be glad to give you some pointers like these.

• Like 1

hi Adam. You are doing some excellent work for only being 15! Way to go. As far as websites go, I think you're off to a decent start. In my opinion, if your intention is to sell and showcase your work, the website should be minimalistic. Your site is like your business card. So you dont want to make it too cluttered or too distracting. Make it easy for people to see your work as well as get in touch with you. If you satisfy those things, the rest is just gravy. So keep up the good work!

• Like 1