Intro. Hello from Redondo Beach

Bobby Slack

I am following this forum rules and introducing myself. Well, I have been in this industry following my dad and my grandfathers influence. My previous job was selling super high end hardware for kitchens and architectural applications.

So my woodworking approach was ... WAS ... hardware driven and after reading, listening and watching, I am very influenced by hardware and now joinery is taking the front step.

How do I define my style? Form wraps function.

Personal ... Born in PA, and left when I was 5 to Buenos Aires, Argentina (that is why I am a Gaucho), where they combine in an amazing way, classic, with rustic and modern designs in an amazing way.

Sports, I am a world cup fanatic (tuck the shirt away after Germany beat us 4-0), competitive tennis player (my sciatica put me away for a while).

Pass time, none since I started actually doing woodworking. But it would be reading (lots of woodworking books, and blogs, and magazines), Backpacking in the sierras and Colorado where I have my mountain cabin and is where I would rather be anytime I am not there.

I love woodworking and this is absorbing me in a huge way. I love it.