Hello from Michigan

Leif

Well I had meant to register a long time ago, but for some reason I thought wasn't free. Oh well, the chance to win some prizes is a good motivator!

So I'm a hobby woodworker, slowly growing my skills, to match my ambitions. I'm learning the importance of having the right tools for the job, and finding that crappy tools are wrong for every job :P I especially appreciate when you post adjustment and calibration videos, Marc - there's always something applicable to my flimsy little Skil saw.

The engineer in me is inspired by Matthias Wandel over at woodgears.ca (This is the guy who built a bandsaw from scratch!), but the pragmatist in me is inspired by seeing young, apparently successful woodworkers like Marc and Matt. As a 27 year old dreaming of taking this hobby to the next level (getting paid!) it's nice to see that bushy mustaches and grey hair aren't prerequisites to success.

That's it from me!

-Dan, Royal Oak, MI

Welcome Dan. Doubt your skills will ever match your ambitions. The more experienced you get the more you realize how much you don't know. The more you don't know the more you want to learn. The more you learn the more you experiment. That is the addictive quality of woodworking...and the fun!

Dan

ps...Go Buckeyes!!!