Website coming up very soon ... will use WordPress

Bobby Slack

A friend of mine who is a designer is helping me out and now I am getting closer to start my website and get a little more serious.

.... coming soon.

Marc, thank you for starting this great community who helped in the past and continues to inspire me. Thank you.

Marc. I just posted some silly stuff. www.gauchowoodworking.com nothing really fancy. It's a start. What happens is that I don't want to pin me to a certain product. Yes I imake cutting boards ... I also made bifolding exterior custom doors, Custom Gates and custom interior arched doors ...

So I am trying to come up with some verbage that does not pin me to any specifiic product ... searching ... for some kind of answer ... but I am not working that hard on it either.

Take care.

You are very welcome sir. Sorry for the late reply. Been a rough two weeks. :) But I look forward to seeing your site. We use Wordpress for the TWW site. It's a pretty nice platform to build a site off of.

Marc - do you have any tips for Wordpress; books, sites, simplifying shortcuts, themes, etc? I like the idea of the open format, but that also means it's much more "programming" oriented then most packages. The help forums and youtube videos usually assume you know what the heck you're doing (which I don't). They tend to gloss over the basics.

p.s. I love the look and feel of your site and I would be very happy if I had half of what you have.

You might try something like the dummies series: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118073428/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thewoodwhispe-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1118073428

I find these books actually do a pretty decent job of laying out the basics without talking down....despite the title of the book.

And when it comes to our site, we passed my skill set a LONG time ago. Now we pay the right people to do the work. :)

A friend of mine who is a designer is helping me out and now I am getting closer to start my website and get a little more serious.

.... coming soon.

Marc, thank you for starting this great community who helped in the past and continues to inspire me. Thank you.

Bobby - how's it going? As a result of this post, I looked at Wordpress and I'm in the process of switching over. I like it so far, it just looks more up-to-date and dynamic.

Busy meeting with architects and kitchen designers. My bread and butter is taking all my effort. No time for the website.

Bobby - how's it going? As a result of this post, I looked at Wordpress and I'm in the process of switching over. I like it so far, it just looks more up-to-date and dynamic.

• 4 weeks later...

I run my sight off of wordpress and I found it super intuitive. I have some basic coding knowledge and I only needed to rely on it when I was looking for some very specific customization or to replace the theme's graphics.

I STRONGLY suggest that you take your time finding the right theme. When I first set my sight up, I grabbed the first cool one I liked. After a ton of customizations, I still couldn't get it even close to what I wanted, but in the process, I did realize what I actually did want. Then, I accidentally crashed the sight by installing a newer version of WP. So, at that point, I was forced to start over. I then looked very closely for the details and interaction I wanted. Once I found the right theme, I had the sight up and running with a ton of contact in a day. The first time it took much longer.

I purchased my theme from themeforest.net. I made sure to read the comments to see how that particular creator's help was. Some people don't respond for weeks and other are same day. I went with the theme that suit my need and had good response time. I only had one question and they answered it immediately.

I'd be happy to help with any general questions if I can be of assistance.