Air Assisted Airless Sprayers...anyone know anything about them?

dcustoms

I am in the process of opening a new shop and am currently addressing my finishing setup. I just got a Coral spray booth and am looking to upgrade my spray guns. I have been told that Air assisted airless gives the best finish but I do now know a lot about them and especially which one to get. I was just looking at getting a better HVLP (Apollo 1050VR) but was told by other shop owners not to waste my time on an HVLP and just go for the AAA. I know that there are probably a lot of you who spray all the time with an HVLP without any problems and get a high quality finish. I will be primarily spraying pre-cat lacquer and vinyl sealer though the system. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AAA's are great. Kremlin makes some great systems. AAA systems are realy designed for shops that have a guy spraying all day long every day. You wont see any of the real benefits unless you are shooting a production line. A good pressure pot system like the apollo is more than enough for a one to three man shop. You going to see bigger performance gains by having your booth proper tuned to pull the right amound of air and maintaining the proper temps than you will from an AAA.

Don

• Like 1

Thanks Don, I just worked in a shop that had a AAA and that is all we used. I do like HVLP's because it allows for a little more flexibility. I can't wait to get into this new shop in April and get the booth set up. I got a used Coral booth for a few hundred bucks from a guy that really didn't know what it was and wanted it gone. It is pretty much brand new. I'm sure it will take a little while but i will get it all dialed in. I will have to look into the apollo pressure pot system you are talking about.

As always appreciate your input.

I don't know about AAAs but I just got an Earlex 5500 HVLP sprayer and really like it. Of couse, I do have to get used to the spraying some, but it is super easy to use, easy to clean and works great. Not sure if you looked into any of the HVLPs yet, but I can recommend this one for sure. Check out their website at www.Earlex.com

I did a lot of research into AAA systems and got a hold of Kremlin. I really think Kremlin is the best system out there thanks for pointing me in the right direction Don. I am going to order the Kremlin Airmix 10-14 with the Excite gun. I am also thinking about upgrading my booth filters to the Paint pocket filters they are the same price as my current filters but are suppose to last 4 to 5 times longer. We will see...

Booth filters come in many options. I like the tacky filter for the intake side if you have a closed face booth. 8.75lb filters for the exhaust side and the real cheap 2.2lb for just paint where you use them every now and again and throw them out.

The tackys, when they start to slow down you can use them to wipe down your walls before dumping. You will really like that Kremlin, the excite gun is a dream.

Don

• Like 1

• 1 month later...