Benchcrafted Response Times?

Anyone else have issues with Benchcrafted not responding to your requests for the invoice for hardware? My last communication with them was 2/13, requesting the invoice, and I haven't heard back since. Considering the price of this stuff you would think that they would be a bit more responsive.

This has all been worked out. I think that some emails got crossed somewhere. In either case everything is settled and paid for. The responses from Vic and Kev was the general consensus from what I had seen previously, I am sure this was a rare case. Looking forward to getting the hardware so that I can continue building!

That's interesting... I submitted an invoice request around 2/1 and got an invoice on 2/4. Just pulled the trigger today (Marc's vids are too enticing! There goes my spring.) and I'll let you know what their response time is going forward in terms of shipping/receipt.

EDIT 3/7/2012: They responded quickly with an email stating ~4 week manufacturing lead time. So I expect to receive my order in the 2nd week of April.

EDIT 3/23/2012: I got a UPS tracking number today. Usually that means it'll be picked up today or tomorrow and delivered ~5 days later. So middle of next week, I suppose. Seems pretty consistent with the posts below, and 7-10 days better than their prior email! I'm really excited...

EDIT 3/28/2012: The Benchcrafted has landed. Great response time, and these parts are gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...

I requested an invoice on 2/29 and they responded back almost immediately. I was given a 4 week lead time estimate when payment was made on 3/1 and was informed today 3/23 that my hardware is on the way.

Now I gotta start shopping a bit harder for the wood.

I also ordered the full bench vise package, plus the moxon vise package, so I'm guessing the order times could vary depending on what you order. I admit I'm a little envious of Scotty's 3 week turnaround though...

Update: 3/28...just received the BC package with all 3 vises!!! The weekend is committed!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! I ordered my benchmakers package yesterday and was way surprised to see that it has a UPS tracking number this morning. I was definately not expecting that. After reading the posts here I was anticipating about three weeks or so for arrival. I don't even have the wood bought yet. Oh well, guess I need to make the trip to the lumberyard this weekend. Benchmaking here I come. I have been working on a pair of sawhorses and a sheet of plywood for the last 3 years and I am so excited to start in on this. Thanks Marc for all the inspiration and great instruction!

WOW! I ordered my benchmakers package yesterday and was way surprised to see that it has a UPS tracking number this morning. I was definately not expecting that. After reading the posts here I was anticipating about three weeks or so for arrival. I don't even have the wood bought yet. Oh well, guess I need to make the trip to the lumberyard this weekend. Benchmaking here I come. I have been working on a pair of sawhorses and a sheet of plywood for the last 3 years and I am so excited to start in on this. Thanks Marc for all the inspiration and great instruction!

Mike, you're going to be glad you got the hardware at the jump. The first video right after the milling and top glue-up gets into the end vise. I did not have my vises at the time, and was always a bit racked about if I got it right. Later, I was about a month behind in the build because I didn't want to get too far ahead of the hardware, in case I missed something. As a result, I got impatient and assembled the top to the base before I did the leg vise. I do not recommend that - it's doable, but requires a lot more work and adjustments. Marc has done a great job sequencing the videos, and with your hardware, you (hopefully) won't be tempted to jump out of order. Enjoy the build, I have learned so much!