Introduction

Jeremy Pringle

Hi, my name is Jeremy Pringle and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I like to use as many hand tools as possible and I love hand cutting dovetails. I saw Deneb from Lei Neilson use a progressive pitch doivetail saw just over a year ago at the hand tool event they were putting on. I was amazed at how easy he made it look. So I bought the saw and I have not looked back since. I estimate that I have cut over 2000 dovetails in the last year and I show no signs of slowing down. I am currently saving up to buy more hand planes.

My day job is constantly getting in the way of my wood working and I would consider myself obsessed with wood working. I can't go anywhere or look at anything without trying to figure out how it was made and think of how long it would take me to make or how much it would cost in raw lumber.

Even though I love hand tools, I do have lots of power tools. I am alos of the camp that its not the tool that makes it dangerous, its the user. The table saw only does one thing, spins a blade in a circle, if you hurt yourself,you have done something wrong. I give my blood to my projects all the time, and so far, every single cut is due to a hand tool and me being careless with handling it.

Now I need to go and eat nachos and spend some time with my wife.

Jeremy