Base sturdy enough?

Here's a question for those who have completed the build per the plan: is the base stout enough to prevent wracking?

I'm concerned that the Benchcrafted design, which accounts for a knockdown configuration, sacrifices the sturdiness that is guaranteed by using through tenons for the legs to join the top. I'm at a key turning point having just cut the 1 inch tenons on my legs per the plan, but they don't look nearly substantial enough. Since I'm not building this for knockdown, I'd rather modify the design now to get the sturdiness I need than just follow the plan and be unhappy with the result. I use hand tools primarily, and I need this thing to be rock solid when I'm planing a rough board.

I just viewed a video of Jameel demonstrating the prototype of the new vise design with the St. Peter's cross. A very cool design, btw. But what jumped out at me was how the BC bench rocked when he demonstrated the gripping strength of the vise. I'd be disappointed if the bench I've been sweating over these past two months had the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have used my bench and agree with Bjorn, it does not move at all. I did mine as a 'knock down' and when those bolts are tightened it isn't going anywhere. I looked at the same video and noted that the prototype is an add on to an existing bench in a store and it may not be a full sized Roubo. I just went out to the shop and clamped in a board and tried to recreate the movement in the video and I couldn't. Schwarz describes the prototype as 'oversized' and that may have contributed to the movement. But, if you like full tenons go ahead. It will mean that when its time to flatten you will have four chunks of end grain to deal with.

When I watched the video, I saw the movement and assumed it was wobble or racking in the bench. Looking at it again, I wonder if he wasn't shaking the piece so hard the whole bench tipped on its feet a little. It couldn't be a full size Roubo, and they have shown several smaller benches at past shows.

Just received some information from Jameel at Benchcrafted. He wants to set the record straight on this wobbly bench issue:

Here's the back story. That bench was built by Jeff Miller out of solid Ash. It is as rigid a bench as you'll ever see. He built it to review our vises for Fine Woodworking (it was in the last issue I think). Jeff's floor is another matter. Many people don't know this, but Jeff's shop is actually an old bowling alley (and post office before that). If you're ever there, and you look close, you can still see some of the lane markers under the decades of paint and glue drips. It's the gutters that wreak havoc. The filler boards that Jeff installed to cover them are notorious for sagging and getting out of whack. His benches are all located in very specific spots normally, but when L-N comes town the shop gets turned upside down and stuff gets moved all over the place. So the bench we were using had numerous wedges under the feet to attempt to level it. People testing the vise, bumping into it, bumping into the bench, intentionally moving to bench, Schwarz using the bench as a hammock, me using the bench as a lunch counter (look out!) well, you can imagine how hard it was keeping it firmly planted over two days. Plus, when Chris is pointing his video camera two inches from my nose, and the jokes start to fly (the outtake reel, oh man, I shudder to think!) things tend to get a little crazy. So when I grabbed that piece of wood, it was to show how the vise was working, that's it.

Now where's that bribe money I had set aside for Schwarz....