Roubo bench needs a red light/buzzer ala "Operation"

Started the Roubo build last weekend, drilled the bolt holes for the end cap and the recesses for the lockwashers and nuts on the front slab.

During a trial fitting I noticed my center punch was slightly magnetized and was quite useful for manipulating the washer and nut onto the bolts.

During disassembly the center punch lifted the washers out without difficulty. The nuts were heavy enough that any contact with the sidewalls caused it to fall off the center punch.

I got a weird sense of deja vu, and then it hit me...I was playing the game "Operation" in real life!

Once I tumbled to this my childhood skills resurfaced and I got the nuts out with no buzzer.

Just a weird shop moment I thought I'd share.

Started the Roubo build last weekend, drilled the bolt holes for the end cap and the recesses for the lockwashers and nuts on the front slab.

During a trial fitting I noticed my center punch was slightly magnetized and was quite useful for manipulating the washer and nut onto the bolts.

During disassembly the center punch lifted the washers out without difficulty. The nuts were heavy enough that any contact with the sidewalls caused it to fall off the center punch.

I got a weird sense of deja vu, and then it hit me...I was playing the game "Operation" in real life!

Once I tumbled to this my childhood skills resurfaced and I got the nuts out with no buzzer.

Just a weird shop moment I thought I'd share.

LOL...yea, I had the same thought go through my head while messing with those holes. Funny!