SawDuster

SawDuster

Hi everyone, my name is Len Beasley - I go by SawDuster online though. Why SawDuster you ask? Well, for the past 2 years all I've had time for in my modest garage shop is dusting my saws and other tools. My day job kept me busy 12 to 14 hrs/day sometimes 7 days/wk. My wife jokingly called me a saw duster one evening and the name kinda stuck. So there's the story.

Woodworking has always been of great interest to me. From my earliest todler memories Dad's toolbox was the most wonderous place to explore. It was after I sawed the leg off of the coffee table Dad decided to teach me how and WHEN to use his tools. The one thing he never said was 'Don't play with my tools'. For that, I am eternally grateful. R.I.P. Dad.

I'm a computer programmer turned homeless shelter supervisor. My new job is much more fulfilling and allows me the time to enjoy my favorite passtime. For the past 6 months, I am pleased to say, my tools haven't had the chance to collect dust.

Hi Marc, what a great new site! The old format will be missed a bit but IPB is about the best there is in forum software. It's easy on the admin staff (once you get to know it) and easier on the membership - great choice!

I'm looking forward to learning my way around the board and getting to know everyone. There is much for me to learn about woodworking and this seems like the best place to do it.

And yes ... I too am AWESOME!

See you around the board!

SawDuster