Smarti_J

smarti_J

+++ Copied from the old forum +++

Hi All, I'm from Germany and one of my hobbies is woodworking. My woodworking experience lasts for over 20 years now and I still enjoy to work with wood.

My father told me the basics and the rest was learning by doing. I began with simple things like a tea-pot warmer, a simple table to put flowers on, a rack for spices. The most labor-intensive things were my kitchen which I planned and build all by myself and two cabinets for CDs and DVDs. I'll try to upload some pictures later.

The first material was flake wood - which I hate to work with today - later I used pine and spruce and today I mostly use beech wood. The finishes I do with wax or linseed oil.

My full featured shop is located in the basement of our house. The planning I mostly do with Sketchup which is a fantastic tool. And ... it works on Linux (wine) my preferred operating system on the computer :-) If anybody needs help on installing Sketchup on Linux feel free to contact me hopefully I can be of help.

About two years ago I found Mark's Wood Whisperer videos on the net and was a fan from then on. I've watched all the videos and every time I got new information on special details. It's amazing how much time he invests in these videos and he is a real good teacher. Thank you very much Mark!

Cheers to Mark and the community

smarti_J