Greetings from a Noob in Gilbert, Arizona

toneslinger

Alright everyone, Cliff here. Total newby to woodwhisperer forum and thought I would go all out and post a topic. I've recently rediscovered woodworking. Leaving everyday for work walking through the garage to my truck not noticing all the tools and equipment I have collected over the last 20+ years. Ive been caught up in the rat race for the last 5 or so years and me and the family had to make some drastic changes and turning myself back to woodworking in my garage shop has been wonderful therapy for me. Like most woodworkers, an eye and an ear for creativity and innovation is key for uniqueness. Are you like me? Every project you do you challenge yourself to do it just a little better? a little different? something you have never done before?

Almost all of my woodworking falls into one of three categories: 1) general construction around the house. 2) construction, props, set building for our church or 3) "My Favorite" anything related to guitar. I've been an avid guitar player, fixer, teacher, tweaker for close to 25 years. My garage shop is riddled with as much electronic test/design and metal working equipment as woodworking equipment.

A few years ago I wanted to try out relicing a few guitars. Like anyone I tried things I new and learned a lot of new things and ultimately did a Youtube series on relicing an electric guitar. I'm sure some of you cringe at the thought of beating up a beautiful guitar finish. But one man's niche market is another man's fetish. I bought a few cheap guitars online and learned a lot of how to "age" wood, finishes, metal hardware.

The best thing about the craft of guitar, IMHO, is the marriage between so many crafts to form the musical instrument. fine woodworking. electronics (Vintage I might add. TUBES baby), and metal working.