Benchcrafted Crisscross Pricing and Pre-Orders Started

AlexPeel

http://benchcrafted.blogspot.com/2012/09/crisscrosss-pricing.html

Anyone that was interested in the new criss-cross leg vise modification from benchcrafted, they are now taking pre-orders. Pricing seems reasonable for adding it on to an existing benchcrafted leg vise. Saying it will start shipping Dec. 3rd.

Fortunately for me I have been unfortunately unable to work on my bench for the last half year and wont be able to get back to it till December so this is perfect timing. I was just working on my bench legs when I stopped so it will all work out as a fresh install.

Anyone else thinking of getting it?

I just started looking at these yesterday ( having just watched the guild build and decided to by the 'traditional' hardware)

The system looks good - Do people think the new Crisscross solution is much better than the current system. I am trying to decide at the moment wether to buy and ship the current one now or wait. I live in New Zealand so its a lot of shipping and I am wanting to get most of the bench finished in december January before embarking on a new house build.

All hearsay on my part but I think the idea is that this new system eliminates one of the common complaints about a traditional leg vise in needing to be adjusted for different board thicknesses.

Here is a blog from Schwarz talking about it:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/chris-schwarz-blog/st-peter%E2%80%99s-cross-and-the-ultimate-leg-vise

Just placed my pre-order of the crisscross retro. I have not been real happy with the look of my leg vise chop just because of the wood grain. The pics of the crisscross look as though making a new chop will be required, looks to me like the chop will need to be longer than the original so now I can look for some nicer grained wood.