What is it?

petersb

Hey everyone!

I have seen this style chest of drawers and I really like it. I would like to build one for our house. The problem that I am having is finding pictures of it on the internet. I have done all kinds of searches for "chest of drawers" "tall chest of drawers" "tall slanted chest of drewers" "tall sloped chest of drawers" ......... and everything else that I could think to call it.

Does anyone one know what this is called? Style? Time period? anything?

I just want to search the web and find pictures for ideas that I would like to make on mine.post-351-062887400 1284330689_thumb.jpg

I am hoping that someone out there can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Hey everyone!

I have seen this style chest of drawers and I really like it. I would like to build one for our house. The problem that I am having is finding pictures of it on the internet. I have done all kinds of searches for "chest of drawers" "tall chest of drawers" "tall slanted chest of drewers" "tall sloped chest of drawers" ......... and everything else that I could think to call it.

I just want to search the web and find pictures for ideas that I would like to make on mine.post-351-062887400 1284330689_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if it falls in any particular style - But it's almost a dead ringer for a line of south western influenced furniture that Pier One sold a dozen years ago - You may want to look in that direction

Hope this helps

Gregory

I'm not sure if it falls in any particular style - But it's almost a dead ringer for a line of south western influenced furniture that Pier One sold a dozen years ago - You may want to look in that direction

Hope this helps

Gregory

Thank you Gregory,

I am still searching for some pictures.

Brett

Hey everyone!

It looks like a type of lingerie chest to me. Try searching for that.

Jonathan

======================================

Hey everyone!

Brett,

I have seen that style in lingerie chest of drawers which usually have seven dressers - one for each day of the week. I looked through furniture styles and wasn't able to come up with the the name of the style. Whatever it's called - it's charming.

SQ

Hey everyone!

Do an image search on this Brett: “pyramid chest of drawers”

Here are a few images I came up with.

post-302-031420000 1284339883_thumb.jpg

post-302-015282400 1284339893_thumb.jpg

post-302-084613200 1284340038_thumb.jpg

Search "Stickley with vertigo."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I thought at first it might be Egyptian revival but didn't find anything.

Have you seen this? Not exactly the same but inspirational. Greene and Greene Aurora chest of drawers.

That's a great looking dresser iSawitFirst. I remember seeing that dresser awhile back, and it inspired me to shoot for the world of fine furniture making. Haven't gotten there yet, but here's hoping.

If you like that one, you may also like this one:

post-302-037201900 1284340733_thumb.jpg

That's a great looking dresser iSawitFirst. I remember seeing that dresser awhile back, and it inspired me to shoot for the world of fine furniture making. Haven't gotten there yet, but here's hoping.

If you like that one, you may also like this one:

That's cool! Who's the building/designer? I think the first G&G is Peart.

Do an image search on this Brett: “pyramid chest of drawers”

Here are a few images I came up with.

OH YEAH! You are the man! I don't think that I would have ever thought of "pyramid".

I am one step closer now. You really are "On board", Onboard!

Now I have to go search images.

Thank you!

That's cool! Who's the building/designer? I think the first G&G is Peart.

Yes, the picture iSawitFirst posted is by Darrell Peart who will sell you one for $8,500 here.

The picture I posted is by Dan Mosheim owner of Dorset Custom Furniture. The chest of drawers can be found here. If you’re a Guild member you can hear Dan's interview with Marc here.

Yes, the picture iSawitFirst posted is by Darrell Peart who will sell you one for $8,500 here.

The picture I posted is by Dan Mosheim owner of Dorset Custom Furniture. The chest of drawers can be found here. If you’re a Guild member you can hear Dan's interview with Marc here.

Thanks, Onboard! I'll go check out that interview. I don't think I caught that one.