Stuck in Europe :)

hiswillus

I've got a problem and sort of a blessing too. I'm currently living in Germany and hadn't learned to much about wood before I left the states either. I barely know any wood types other that basic ones like Oak, Pine, Birch wood, and such. Even that I know those is amazing as I probably couldn't identify them out of a line up of 5 pictures. However I am smart enough to know about supply and demand and that resources are in some places more common than others. For example I just started looking for Purple Heart over here and found that it isn't very common over here and therefor probably more expensive. That got me to thinking and searching for the benefits of being over here and wondering what woods over there are uncommon and maybe a little more expensive that are native to over here that I can enjoy most likely and better costs. I aslo thought another way of putting this might be to ask for the 20 most common woods in order in the states (I know this is subject to region, but in general). Be great to hear from some folks.

Thanks,

Jeff