My wood haul...

schu777

This last weekend was a great weekend. It started out on a Monday looking through Craigslist looking for woodworking tools and some wood in the Materials sections. I came across this posting of this wood.

post-1534-0-13606500-1354826990_thumb.jp

I emailed the poster and it was still available, but due to being busy putting out a fire at work (software/production issues), I called him back on Tuesday and arranged to pick it up on Saturday.

On Saturday I loaded up my boys and drove in fog so thick at times the visibility was under a tenth of a mile. I got to the place, met the owner and proceeded to look over the wood. It was going home with me! I had to decided what length to cut this up since one piece was 32' long and another was 23' long. Got it cut to lengths (now wishing I didn't cut them so short) and loaded into the truck.

Upon arriving home, I took a picture of the haul.

post-1534-0-76538900-1354827280_thumb.jp

Once I had time in the afternoon, I unloaded it all into the garage so any "bugs" remaining (killed two spiders unloading) and maybe do some drying, but didn't sticker it since that would required more time and it will dry out when I move it down into the shop.

post-1534-0-08229900-1354827413_thumb.jp

Here is a picture of the end grain - give a decent idea of how tight this grain is.

post-1534-0-92579900-1354827500_thumb.jp

I've got more about this in my new blog I've started - although the looks of the blog are a work in progress...see sig...