Hi from Arkansas

ThCubed

Hello everyone,

I live in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of northwest Arkansas. I'm somewhat new to woodworking. I've been scrolling for a few years, but just recently started making larger and more challenging projects. I have just started a project that may be out of my league, but after watching the video on A Simple Varnish Finish (and a few practice pieces), I feel ready to give it a try. I have 83 unfinished cabinets and drawers in my kitchen that have been screaming for attention for awhile now. I'm ready to silence the cries. Please wish me luck!!! When I'm finished I'll be sure to post pictures of before and after. Can't wait to see the finished project!!

Thanks for all the great advice and videos. I know I'm going to learn a lot from here!!

Terry Throop

Howdy Neighbor!!! I have a son that lives a little closer to you then I am. He's in Charleston, SC. But still neither of you are that far away!!

One day into the projcet and I have 1/3 of the sanding done!! Since I'm disabled, I can't work for long periods of time. But 1/3....I think I'm off to a good start!!!

Welcome, this is a great site. I wish I was still your neighbor, but now I live in California. Last time I was in Fayetteville I looked for woodworking stores and hardwood distributors with no luck. I still go back there often, probably this Christmas, got any suggestions? Go Hogs Go!

David

Hi David,

You did the reverse to what we did. We moved here from California. I would never consider leaving here to go back to California. I love it here so much!! If you are in the area and need a hardwood distributor, I have a GREAT souce!!! His prices can't be beat anywhere (I've checked it out everywhere!!). As for a woodworking store, I get most of my things on line. There isn't a store near here. The closest is in OK or KS. Please contact me if you need directions to my lumber guy!!

Terry