Do we have to download videos with BLIP?

sjeff70

For a few days now I've been trying to download a video from the TheWoodWhisperer.com website, but I get a message that says I need a BLIP player. Very recently all you had to do was select a video to watch it and either select download in HQ or SD quality, right under the video itself. Now that is gone.

Do we have to download this BLIP player now to download videos or is my Mac starting to defy me with spam? Certain words in posts are underlined as well which link to further advertisements. Is it just me?

Refer to this other post concerning video downloads:

The best workaround right now is to download the videos using iTunes.

Now as for underlined links, where are you seeing those? There should be absolutely NO text ads on our sites. I can't stand text ads. So if you are seeing them on any of my sites, that is reason for major concern on my part. Could you clarify what you're seeing and where?

I just cleared out my cache (1700 files) and found out that my firewall was turned off. Also had some bad extension files that needed deleting. This is what happens when you stop reading your Mac OS manual. With my first Mac it took 3 years for these problems to occur. How easy it is to clean a computer compared to a Windows unit. Yes folks, Windows is pure junk.

After some searching I found out the blue underlined text was malware on my end. I was led down the path to fixing the problem by not being able to download these videos. Thanks Marc for helping me clean my computer! :lol:

Okay, now I have to learn how to use iTunes.

And I thought it was just for music.

haha well I knew either I was going to have a bad night, or you were. :) I imagine that would be a pretty effective viral scheme if you could infect a website by injecting text ads. Yikes, gives me the willies just thinking about it. Well I'm glad you were able to clean things up.

As for iTunes, it is very easy to use. Think of it like a DVR for the internet. Lots of other woodworking-related podcasts on there too. They auto-download whenever they are available and if you ever need direct access to the file, you can find them in your iTunes media folder.

Oddly enough, the thing I use itunes for the LEAST is music. :)