Router bit question

Derekkest

a 45 degree bit is more for chamfering. If you were trying to use it to miter the ends of a board, it would be limited in size of board, not to mention pretty unsafe to try and run a significant chunk of end grain over that bit. If you're interested in making picture frames, then I would suggest a good compound miter saw, or a higher quality miter guide for your table saw. You could use a home made miter sled on your TS, and trim up the miters using a bench plane and shooting board like vic mentioned.

shooting board article: http://www.fineboxes.com/ShootingBoard.htm

Thank you for that post on the shooting board. I looked at the one posted on the article on FWW related to small boxes and between both I will come up with the best one.

I also saw online the "super chute" where the running board is made out of a composite material but I don't feel like buying a shooting board.

Thanks again. Great content.

a 45 degree bit is more for chamfering. If you were trying to use it to miter the ends of a board, it would be limited in size of board, not to mention pretty unsafe to try and run a significant chunk of end grain over that bit. If you're interested in making picture frames, then I would suggest a good compound miter saw, or a higher quality miter guide for your table saw. You could use a home made miter sled on your TS, and trim up the miters using a bench plane and shooting board like vic mentioned.

shooting board article: http://www.fineboxes.com/ShootingBoard.htm