Hi from the High Desert

FatOldOwl

Hello, my name is David, I'm originally from Northwest Arkansas but now live in the "interesting" California desert. I started woodworking just about year ago, with no background in it what so ever. Working with wood has always fascinated me, and now that I've fully taken it up as a hobby, I can't imagine a more wonderful way to spend your time, and money... I've learned a lot of the past year from TWW and the guys over at LumberJocks. I mostly make small boxes, wine cork displays, etc but I'm hoping to branch out into larger more complicated projects soon. Unfortunately my only source of wood out here is Home Depot, so I mainly work with overpriced red oak and redwood. I am making my first trip to a real lumber yard this Friday, which should be interesting. I'm heading down to Riverside, CA to Reel Lumber, I've heard good stuff about it, we'll see what I find.

Everyone here has been very helpful so far, and I appreciate the feedback I've already recieved on a couple of my post. Thanks.

For a look at a few projects I've posted, you can check out my LumberJocks site or my SmugMug site.