Battery Organizer

daris

Battery_Organizer_Completed_2.jpg

I found a free plan recently on the wood magazine site for a battery organizer.  I also have a link to a list of free project plan sites.  This project is really simple and useful.  After completing mine I hung it on a pegboard in my garage.  You can make this is a few hours and it only requires a small amount material.  I was able to find some clear acrylic at a hobby store for cheap.  I also made a video below of how I made mine.  If you want to see more of how I made this check out my other blog entry over at:  www.woodlogger.com

• 4 weeks later...

That is a very good project and video.

I made a few of those in November 2010 from the same plans. I liked mine so much and got positive comments from friends that I made six of them for Christmas gifts that year. Then I got a request from one of the people to make another five for them to give the following year and got $100.00 for them ($20.00 each)

As you can see from the picture of mine, I made a few changes to the original plans. On the rest, I cut the height down from 8" to 6" as most people don't need to store that many batteries. and I cut the finger arcs on my scroll saw to be more inline with the size of the batteries. I also cut the bottom edge of the plexiglass  on the scroll saw. I used keyhole slots for mounting to the wall yet easily taken down and moved when necessary. I still have the cardboard patterns in case I ever get more requests and can quickly make more.

Batteryorganizer001_zpsfbde8494.jpg

Rog

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...