Bostitch Compressor Combo opinion

daninhim

It will do what it says, not much more. Those aren't bad nailers at all. The compressor will do very little in terms of other tools using air power, although it will air up a tire ;) . If you are in the market for brad nailers and need the compressor, pull the trigger. I buy recon tools when the opportunity comes up. :)

I have a 5hp/20gal compressor that will run everything EXCEPT an air lug wrench. It was worth the cost, and was used in the business for years, puting down hardibacker for tile installation jobs. It looks a little worn, but is still servicable. My brad and finish nailers are relatively old, all bought at a discount or yard sales.. I DO make sure that they get a shot of WD-40 up the inlet every time I use them. Reconditioned tools work just as well as new in most cases. Unless you are going to use the nailer for 8hrs a day, it probably is the way to go.

Anyone have an opinion on this deal on Amazon? It's about $100 cheaper reconditioned than it is new, and pretty much exactly what i'm in the market for.

Here’s another source. You might want to check return policy between CPO and Amazon. CPO has many other reconditioned tools as well. I can only say that I’ve read forum posts and have found some who say they only purchase reconditioned tools from CPO. Here’s CPO’s return and warranty policies for comparison.

I bought almost the same kit by bostich and it worked great until I left it on while I was at work.Somehow the hose connection was loose and leaked air all day long and so the compressor ran all day long.When I got home it was running and after that it would never get past 80psi. and shut itself off.It was a combo of my bad and compressor bad.If you remember to shut the thing off when not in use you will be good.The nailers are great,the bigger one I have over 2000 nails through it and no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I went ahead and bought the Bostitch compressor kit from CPO Online, thanks for the link Onboard. It appears to be a really nice kit. The guns are nice and store in a soft duffle bag that makes them easy to carry and store. The tank is actually bigger than I expected, and with what appears to be a powerful motor. However I Just tried using it for the first time, and it would appear the regulator knob is busted. Sigh. One would think if you're gonna recondition a tool, you'd check to make sure the frickin thing works properly.

Today being Sunday, I have to call them for a replacement unit tomorrow. so much for my productivity today....