WoodRat 900

the dude

• 1 month later...

I gotta say, the first half of the video had me thinking, "Man, this seems like a machine that is purpose built to overcomplicate things."

Then at the end of the video he whips out a double tenon in 39 seconds. Well that escalated quickly! Lol!

$750 is a little steep for my pockets, but if you're doing a ton of tenons for borderline production work, this is a pretty awesome setup! 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or did I watch 7.5 minutes of video about the set up (granted the guy was talking a good bit) for a cut that took less than a minute?  Gotta agree, in a production environment where multiple batches of the same cut were being produced, maybe.

Frankly, I'm not fond of the use of loose spacers.  One more thing to fall out, misplace, lose, grab the wrong one.  Seems to me that might better have been done with another set of stops.

Looks like a well made tool, however, and like a lot of thought went into its design.