whats the proper material for flat doors

CJC5151

I just got commissioned to do a cabinet job in a dr. office.  Ive made a lot of doors in my day but they have always been frame and panel doors.  This job requires plain old flat doors.  Solid wood is out the door because of cost.  I think mdf core veneer ply is probably the best choice but I hate relying on mdf to hold any type of hinge, even euro style.  Is true Baltic birch the way to go?

Here are my concerns,

Movement...don't want to come back in a year because my doors have turned into potato chips

Edgebanding...I know BB will hold the edgebanding but will the glue hold while edgebanding or

is there a different glue that I should be using for this

Holding hardware...don't want to come back in a year to replace hardware or hinges that are failing

thanks guys sorry for my mdf ignorance but I just hate working with the stuff so I avoid it at all costs but if its the right material for the job ill bite the bullet and suck it up to produce the best product I can..

Are you going to stain and finish the doors or laminate them ? Baltic or a quality birch ply is good to edgeband and finish. Particle board is a better core for a laminate door. If you use the concealed hinges with the plastic dowels for the screws it helps prevent them stripping out.

I use the longest screw possible on the baseplates and usually fill all the holes with screws. Using a self centering pilot bit is wise.

I just got commissioned to do a cabinet job in a dr. office.  Ive made a lot of doors in my day but they have always been frame and panel doors.  This job requires plain old flat doors.  Solid wood is out the door because of cost.  I think mdf core veneer ply is probably the best choice but I hate relying on mdf to hold any type of hinge, even euro style.  Is true Baltic birch the way to go?

Here are my concerns,

Movement...don't want to come back in a year because my doors have turned into potato chips

Edgebanding...I know BB will hold the edgebanding but will the glue hold while edgebanding or

is there a different glue that I should be using for this

Holding hardware...don't want to come back in a year to replace hardware or hinges that are failing

thanks guys sorry for my mdf ignorance but I just hate working with the stuff so I avoid it at all costs but if its the right material for the job ill bite the bullet and suck it up to produce the best product I can..

No plywood on cabinet doors, it will warp its not if but when. Slab doors are normally MDF or PB. Quality slab doors are still the standard 5 piece design with exception that the center panel is MDF and the same thickness as the standard 2.25" width stile and rails.  Or is thinner but set flush with the face. Veneer is then pressed over the top of the entire assembly. The door can be edge profiled for finger pulls and edge profiling. The hardwood inner frame holds the hinges without issues and no lame stick on edge banding is needed. Paperbacked or Phenolic backed veneer prevents joint telegraphing.