Rearranging the shop (possible new layout)

Tom Cancelleri

This is nominal conditions of once I get all my yard tools and such out of there. My current layout is horribly inefficient and somewhat limiting without opening the garage door. to joint longer boards. This layout I think makes the most use of the space. Overall size of my shop is 17' 6" x 22' 8" Each tool is in actual measurements from each tool in my shop and measured at the largest amount of space used by it.  Since I haven't done any ducting in my shop yet I also think this makes the most sense so I don't have to move my dust collector towards the tool, and the hose will reach each one. Thoughts? Suggestions?

On top of the cabinet will be my Tormek, Slow speed Bench grinder

On top of the tool bench is my miter saw, hollow chisel mortiser and oscillating spindle sander

The bottom where the compressor and the lathe are is where the door is

I apparently suck with sketchup, so I did it with a program I use when I do server architecture diagrams. It's like Visio but for Mac.

Roubo not yet built (90" x 24")

Outfeed/Assembly table not yet build (76" x 48") represented in the picture.

Screen_Shot_2015_02_23_at_8_28_26_PM.png

Looks OK I think. Have a question, why such a large air compressor? Do a lot of spray finishes? If not, why not go with a smaller model? I am in the same process as you right now and I am downsizing my compressor to save a little space. I have just a little more room than you do, so it makes it hard to visualize  your setup 

Have a question, why such a large air compressor? 

I have a media blasting cabinet. The cabinet I gave to my dad since it better fits the things he does. I've used it a bunch of times. I have some mechanic tools, (air ratchet, impact gun) The larger tank for air isn't bad to have either, I often blow out my tools with the air nozzle.

1NNF5_AS01.JPG