Award Plaque Finish

Keggers

Long story short. I've been asked to build sixteen walnut award plaques in the shape of the state of Missouri. I'm just doing the woodwork. The customer will attach the lettered brass plate. I was wondering if Watco Danish Oil would work as a viable finish. I'm looking for a quick and easy finish for this project. The customer does not want a glossy finish. Thank you for any help.

I just finished up 12 award plaques in the shape of Texas. I used rattle can lacquer. It is so easy to apply you can mess it up. I sprayed 2 coats with 15 mins between coats. I sprayed 1 side waited 15 mins then sprayed 2nd coat waited 15 mins and then flip and repeat. I waited 1 hour after the final cost and used 600 grit sandpaper and sanded the nibs out. DONT go with an oil finish. Takes way to long to dry especially for 13 of them.
  • Like 2

i agree with everyone who said use rattle can lacquer instead of oil. You can't mess it up. It is basically clear spray paint. Do you really want to be picking mosquitoes out of the oil, which is inevitable this time of year