A picture

collinb

Was this photo take with 4 x 5 film or digital camera?  I like this photo a lot but will be even more impressed if you did your own color film processing.  My wife did that many years ago and I always wondered it was worth the effort - until the pictures were hanging on the wall.

It's digital.  Pentax K5 with the Pentax-F 50/1.7, 1/100 @ f5, iso400.  But I also do b&w film.  Some 135 but not often.  Generally 4x5.  (Am making an offer on an old 8x10 right now. There's nothing like a contact print from a neg that large.  Am also considering building one now that I have the tools.  But I digress ...)  Have toyed with the idea of doing E6 processing.  C41 is just too temperature-fussy and heavy on the chemical requirements.

A lot of people do E6.  Patterson tanks can handle the strong chemicals.  These days, for some, it's worth it to keep from shipping your film cross-country. 

Color printing is another matter. I stay far away from that arena.  B&W is quite enough.

• Like 1