15 inch helical head thickness planer, a review and some tips.

davestanton

I thought I should do a review on my Carbatec thickness planer which people in North America will know as a grizzly because I have just posted one on my 8 inch jointer. These machines are out of the same stable and have interchangeable knives. I explain the maintenance, in particular how to oil the machine.

• Like 1

Great video Dave.  Thanks for sharing it.  I will mention that the Grizzly versions have weep holes in the feed roller tension adjust bolts (grub screws) so you don't have to remove them to lubricate.  Just put a drop or two in the center hole every 8 hours of operation or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gee-dub said:

Great video Dave.  Thanks for sharing it.  I will mention that the Grizzly versions have weep holes in the feed roller tension adjust bolts (grub screws) so you don't have to remove them to lubricate.  Just put a drop or two in the center hole every 8 hours of operation or so.

I will check that with my machine as well, maybe does exactly the same? Thanks for that!