Oneida Mini Gorrilla

Corey Christensen

Hi All,

I am about to pull the trigger on the Oneida Mini Gorilla for my garage workshop.  I currently have no dust collection other than my Festool CT36.  I do not want to run duct work through my shop as all my tools are on mobile bases and are pushed toward the walls.  I have to park a car and motorcycle in my garage/shop due to HOA rules.  The sales reps at Oneida said that the mini gorilla would handle my table saw, 8"jointer, 15" planner and drum sander.  I was skeptical but they assured me that it can handle this as long as I hook only one machine up at a time.  What are your guys thoughts?  I have a 3HP table saw, 8" Jointer, supermax 19-38 Drum sander, and grizzly 15" planer.  I will be adding a 14" bandsaw very soon as well.  I have looked at the new Laguna C-flux 2 HP system but I havent heard great things about Laguna.  Any recommendations would be great, I am trying to keep this under $1500.

I have researched this machine to death, as I was also considering it.  My shop is quite small, and my current 1.5 HP single stage collector is wall mounted to save a bit of space.  The mini gorilla takes up more floor space than I can currently afford.

The gorilla has great filtration, being a HEPA machine.  The two main issues I have with it are, first, the collection barrel is small.  For milling with a jointer and planer, it would need to be emptied a lot.

Secondly, the CFM is not great.  If I remember correctly, it's actual CFM pull is below 600 CFM.  It's hard to get good fine dust collection with less than 800 CFM.

I am still on the fence about buying it.  If you decide to go for it, let us know how your experience is.