Steel City Tool Works 35990C

tdale51@yahoo.com

hello all,

I'm in the begining stages of shopping for a new improved tablesaw. I've stumbled across this model and was looking for anybody's experience with steel city in general but info specific to this saw would be awesome. I've never known anybody that has used their tools before. It seems to have a lot of good features and gets good reviews on Amazon. I'm just a little concerned since it's only $840 with a prime membership. Thanks for any inputs

I have the 52" titanium top Steel City. It has been a great saw. Only thing I didn't like about it is the extension wing on the right. It was some laminated particle board. I replaced it with a torsion box with router table inset. I also bought the Steel City mobile base for it. Shop around. It has a bit to be desired. Customer service has been good for me. I also have the 1.5HP dust collector. The bearings in the wheels were falling out. They sent me a whole new set.

I've had their old 1.75 HP cabinet saw for a few years and really like it for the money. I'm actually thinking of selling it because I'll be closing down the shop for a bit while I try to sell my house and move to another city. Where are you located - maybe we can make a deal.

As far as the quality goes I'm really happy with it. At 1.75 HP it's a bit under powered but I was able to cut 100 bf of 8/4 Ash for my work bench without too much trouble - I just had to feed it slowly and use a sharp blade.

I with they were more available because their prices are great and the quality is nice too.

Good luck.

Lowe's has the 35990C on their website for $727, and the 35990SS for $619. Add a 10% coupon and it's a nice deal.

Steel City/Orion made the Craftsman 22104, 22114, 22124, current 22116, and the former Ridgid R4511...all well received saws. All are known for their easy to align cabinet mounted trunnions. The fence isn't the greatest on the 35990, but it's better than most in that price range, and is at least usable.