How to print this template?

secutanudu

First, unhide everything and get rid of any extraneous stuff in your model.

Then, all under the Camera menu, do these steps in order:

1. Make sure that "Parallel Projection" is checked.
  2. Select Standard Views, then Top.
  3. Click "Zoom Extents"

Finally, play around on the "Print Preview" dialog until you get the scaling set up the way you want it.

I think that should get you started in the right direction.

-- Russ

• Like 1

This topic comes up from time to time in the forum. Here is another post with some good tips.

http://woodtalkonlin...ing-a-template/

SketchUp can handle 2D with no problem, you just have to know which buttons to press. Here is the short version:

1. You must set your camera to parallel projection. On the main menu, Camera then Parallel Projection.

2. You need to set the view so you are looking straight down from the top. Either choose Camera, Standard Views, Top - or just click the Top view button on the toolbar that looks like a little house. If you do this correctly, the word "Top" will appear in the top left corner of the screen.

3. Zoom in to your part. The easiest way is to right click on it and select "zoom extents". You can manually zoom but make sure you don't mess up the camera angle - the word "Top" must remain in the top left corner.

4. When you print, SketchUp wants to print all the visible area on the screen, not just the objects. If you have a widescreen monitor, you could be asking it to print a bunch of empty space on both sides, and this won't fit on one page. If this is the case, resize your SketchUp application window so that it only shows the stuff you want to print. For your template, make it the actual SketchUp application square.

5. Now you are ready to print. Choose File, Print. Uncheck "Fit to page" and under the Scale set both boxes to 1. I notice your model is in millimeters, but this won't matter.

Whenever I need to print a drawing, I always export the image and turn it into a jpeg file. I never have very good luck in getting just the right image to print from Sketchup. This way, I can print it as is, or put it in a Word document and print from there. Anything you want, unless of course you're looking for a scaled drawing, then I'm just rambling nonsensically.

post-5547-0-39288000-1331582394_thumb.jp

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...