Festool CT dust extractor static shock!!!

dodgeram99

I was looking at buying one. They had instructions to put copper foil tape and a ground wire that you drop flat on a concrete floor. If all your hoses are anti static and the foil connects the hose to dust vortex to black box( which is supposed to be anti-static plastic) it should work. If you have a wood floor you could run a wire to a cold water pipe......

Other than the occasional zap how do you like it? Does it keep the bag and filter pretty clean?

Hey Imccullin you could try something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899261005&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-PC+tools%2f+Testers-_-N82E16899261005&gclid=COKPr_S6lrYCFY9DMgodBnIABg  that may help you.  Another thing that i do with my plastic reloading equipment is wipe it down with a dryer sheet, while thats not a permant fix it does help with keeping the static buildup off my plastic powder hoppers which in turn keeps the gunpowder from sticking to them.  Hope either of these suggestions help some, i hate getting shocked, even when i know its coming it sucks, and its suprising how hard you can get zapped even from static electricity.

Nyles

• Like 1