Air compressors

DALSAW

I killed my 3rd air compressor in 5 years today. A campbell hausfeld, Crapsman, and now a Porter Cable, Any body got any Ideas for my next victim. I would like one that is not oilless this time, I'm not having much luck with those type compressors. I would also like to keep it in between the $150.00 to $300.00 range. I start on a new set of cabinets next week And I need it by then so I'm also in a time crunch. :rolleyes:

I killed my 3rd air compressor in 5 years today. A campbell hausfeld, Crapsman, and now a Porter Cable, Any body got any Ideas for my next victim. I would like one that is not oilless this time, I'm not having much luck with those type compressors. I would also like to keep it in between the $150.00 to $300.00 range. I start on a new set of cabinets next week And I need it by then so I'm also in a time crunch. :rolleyes:

Aaron, how many horse power compressor and how many gallon tank did you want? Is 115 – 125 psi okay? I know the price range you quoted will limit the numbers on those questions.

i just bought one today actually...or yesterday (as a matter of fact)...I had a porter cable pancake (now dead, but had problems holding air)...next victim was a wall mount campbell hausfeld (which I pulled off the wall yesterday morning and told the people at Lowe's I was extremely dissatisfied with) and now, finally, the new model 33 gal vertical Craftsman...It was not a bad deal at all because the orignal price was $379,,,there is a promo price on it now bringing the price down to $329 + $30 off with the craftsman club membership. $299 was the final price and they gave me a $20 gift card!

I ran the initial startup and then an actual one. I couldn't be happier for the capacity, power, and price!

I've only killed an Hitachi ec-12 small twin tank compressor and that was after 10 years. I'm using an Ingersoll-Rand now which is somewhere near your price range.

The Ingersoll-Rand compressor is high on my list, from all of the reviews I've read it seems to be a excellent compressor. Its also a oil lube model which I like. One question though does the oil come with the compressor when you bought it?

i just bought one today actually...or yesterday (as a matter of fact)...I had a porter cable pancake (now dead, but had problems holding air)...next victim was a wall mount campbell hausfeld (which I pulled off the wall yesterday morning and told the people at Lowe's I was extremely dissatisfied with) and now, finally, the new model 33 gal vertical Craftsman...It was not a bad deal at all because the orignal price was $379,,,there is a promo price on it now bringing the price down to $329 + $30 off with the craftsman club membership. $299 was the final price and they gave me a $20 gift card!

I ran the initial startup and then an actual one. I couldn't be happier for the capacity, power, and price!

Thanks for the input, The second compressor I killed was a 15 Gal Craftsman.

The Ingersoll-Rand compressor is high on my list, from all of the reviews I've read it seems to be a excellent compressor. Its also a oil lube model which I like. One question though does the oil come with the compressor when you bought it?

I believe it did come with a small container of oil. I forget the oil weight but a pint of whatever it is wll probably last the lifetime of the compressor.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron

I might be shooting myself in the foot for saying this but about 6 years ago I went to the local harbor freight and bought a 1.5 hp little double tank oiled air compressor. Think it was on sale for maybe 80 bucks. I have nothing but good things to say about it and I use it for everything from airtools for the car maintence to brad nailers. Now you might look at picking up something a little bigger tank wise but honestly it's been a great little compressor. My only complaint has been tank size. When/If it ever croaks or I get a wild hair I'll get a little bigger one. Something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if you have tractor supply stores in your area tractorsupply.com, But I have 2 compressors from them. One is 15 gallon and the other is 2 gallon. They both are oil lubricated. Personally I would not buy a compressor that is oil free. IMO they are loud and just not made to last. I would post the links to the ones I have, but they are not on the website anymore. They were both re-branded models although I am not sure who made them.