Mobile photo upload

Spencer_J

I mostly participate in woodtalk on my iphone. There are so many times i want to post images into a reply or post. But my images are too large. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good guide for mobile uploads to this forum? Is it doable or should i find another workaround?

Like PG said--PhotoBucket, Dropbox, Flickr and others will let you link to photos to preserve full res if you need it. If you do not, consider emailing the photo to yourself, this is one of the simplest ways to select file size/resolution because most web hosted email servers also limit file sizes. The native email app on iPhone will offer you to select from three quality levels/file sizes when you go to email your photo. When you open the email, save the emailed photo and you should have two nearly identical photos at different sizes.

Like PG said--PhotoBucket, Dropbox, Flickr and others will let you link to photos to preserve full res if you need it. If you do not, consider emailing the photo to yourself, this is one of the simplest ways to select file size/resolution because most web hosted email servers also limit file sizes. The native email app on iPhone will offer you to select from three quality levels/file sizes when you go to email your photo. When you open the email, save the emailed photo and you should have two nearly identical photos at different sizes.

That emailing method is quite smart. Thank you for that tip.

There are a number of apps for the iphone that can reduce the resolution and size of photos. I use Reduce, it allows you to batch process and gives great control over resolution and quality and allows user presets.

I haven't found a way of adding photos through the forum web interface which is a bigger pain; please let me know if I've missed something!

There are a number of apps for the iphone that can reduce the resolution and size of photos. I use Reduce, it allows you to batch process and gives great control over resolution and quality and allows user presets.

I haven't found a way of adding photos through the forum web interface which is a bigger pain; please let me know if I've missed something!

If you are on the forum on your iPhone, go to "View Full Version" and then "More Reply Options"

You can attach the photo on that page.