Shop Prank!

Lawrence Brown

Ideas?! I can't think of a good prank to do on a shop that is completely safe. Rearranging would be fun and a hell of a workout with all that gold. I don't think he has his shop setup in the proper "work triangle" so maybe if we set that up, it would mess with his mind :) muahahaha (btw, I'm kidding about that; inside joke :))

Excellent idea, Aaron! Or actually put Harbor Freight power tools in the Systainers. I'm not sure if a representative of Festool would come over to beat me senseless for doing that. I'll keep the green n blues safe, I SWEAR!

Could get a bumper sticker made "Honk If You Love MDF".

Switch out all the tape measures for Metric measures?!

Has to be something more.

Okay, Aaron is officially evil :)

Would need to assemble whatever it is with a built-in rack so it can't sit straight. Ikea has enough class to not have that plastic '70s "oak" veneer, but that would be tight.

I know in his old shop, he sprayed a few times inside and it left shadows of the projects on the garage floor. Maybe make a body outline on the floor out of overspray shadow a bit like you'd see in a murder/mystery show. Ha ha, with the shadow of a pneumatic nailer by the head :)

I have an idea! It goes like this, replace all of his power tools with hand tools that do the same thing, but making sure they are low quality tools! Then leave a note explaning if he doesn't build another of his amazing pieces he will not get his precious festools (what is the plural of festool?) back!!!! :lol: The only problem here is it may kill him and we would then not have anymore of his fantastic videos, blog posts ect ect ect ect ect. :lol:

Now how do we get admin access to delete this thread before he gets back :unsure: . I've got it! We make the thing he has to build for Nicole! :D

What are your thoughts on this plan?

Yes, but then we would never get it done because we'd first have to have a discussion about the proper glue for the job and what to do about the squeeze-out and what kind of clamps to use :lol:

:lol: This is Marc we are talking about there must be a video he has released on "how to stick Marc's hand tools to his workbench, what glue and clamps to use and how to fix the squeeze out!" now it will probably take a few weeks just to go through his videos and find this one!

Have we figured out where he lives yet? :lol:

This better get on Wood Talk Online Radio it's just too funny! :lol:

:lol: This is Marc we are talking about there must be a video he has released on "how to stick Marc's hand tools to his workbench, what glue and clamps to use and how to fix the squeeze out!" now it will probably take a few weeks just to go through his videos and find this one!

Have we figured out where he lives yet? :lol:

This better get on Wood Talk Online Radio it's just too funny! :lol:

Well, we know from prior videos that he prefers Titebond II. And, we know that he's a fan of General Finishes - so at least we know what kind of glue, and what durable finish he prefers. We also have seen him refer to using his cauls time and again, so, I think our best bet would be to line the tools up in a completely disorganized array, and use his cauls and F clamps to secure the tools to the workbench with the Titebond II. Then, all that would be left to use the HVLP system to spray the lacquer -- Oooh...let's use Rock Hard! :)