Kitchen Cabinet Design

sunadmin

I'm using Kreg screws and all kreg clamps etc. Don't get me wrong I've made tons of stuff using the thing but as I try and get better accuracy I notice it bothers me more and more. 

The porter cable one looks really sharp. Not looking to get into the cabinet business but I do build quite a bit of stuff and I have an extensive "honey do" list sitting here on the bench. 

It's not a production minded solution, but I stick a K body clamp across the joint and lock it down tight.  The clamp across the face can keep it flush but it doesn't stop the piece from moving backwards as the screw is trying to get started.  It's pretty similar to the kreg clamp that goes into one of the pocket holes.  If you give the glue a few minutes once it's clamped then it really can't go anywhere.

You don't need the clamp to hold the joint together. Start your screw hit the reverse on your gun then hit the forward all in one motion without letting go of the trigger. Once you get the hang of it no more joint pushing.