Festool BOOM

njorgens

What happens when you buy a brand new festool OF2200 on October 1st, get 80 bucks off, but by October 9th you accidentally push the arbor lock button instead of the dust shroud release because you're an idiot????? BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!! That's what happens. By the way, I wouldn't recommend trying my theory out. I'm not lying..... I hope Festool stands behind their product even though I'm an Idiot!!!!!!! Haha!!!! Wish me luck...

Wow, crazy. If I ever get a 2200, I'll have to watch for that :)

The arbor lock pushes in a ratchet tooth into the arbor. I'm betting it is something that will lose against the arbor so you'll only need that replaced. Sucks, yes, but every single part for that thing is available from the EKAT system (but they'll fix it... just dropping that for future reference).

While that was a silly mistake, I bet it was dust-free!! :D (sorry 'bout that)

Guest Mahoganus

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly happened here? Turned on the router with the arbor locked? :huh:

It was already running and he pushed the arbor lock button instead of the dust extractor release lever.

But thats not really that bad of mistake,, I have done worse :blink:

My uncle says,, If you aint Fing nothing up you aint getting nothing done. :lol:

What happens when you buy a brand new festool OF2200 on October 1st, get 80 bucks off, but by October 9th you accidentally push the arbor lock button instead of the dust shroud release because you're an idiot????? BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!! That's what happens. By the way, I wouldn't recommend trying my theory out. I'm not lying..... I hope Festool stands behind their product even though I'm an Idiot!!!!!!! Haha!!!! Wish me luck...

Thx for the post! I just got that machine yesterday, now I know onr thing to watch for!