Guild question

bignoise

Hey I was wondering if the projects come with a sketchup plan/cutting list?

Also it says on the list of features a guild members only website, how does it differ? Are there extra videos/blogs besides the sweet looking tri-annual builds?

Hope these don't seem like stupid questions but aye, just wanted to ask before digging into my wallet (you know what the scottish are like when it comes to spending money :) )

Actually, I don't know how the Scottish are with money, lol. But I'll take your word for it. Let me see if I can answer your questions.

For each Guild Build, we supply a full SketchUp plan and cut list. In addition to the current archived Guild Builds, I have quite a few videos there for you to enjoy. Here are the highlights (copied from the back of our Best of DVD):

* Finishing: “Outdoor Finishes”, “Waterborne Finish & HVLP”, “You and Dye”.

* Projects: “Magazine Rack”, “Knife Block” (both of these are I Can Do That projects), Wall-Hanging Tool Chest (Pts. 1-3)

* Techniques: “Joinery Tour feat. William Ng and Darrell Peart”, “Bent Lamination”, “Coves on the Tablesaw”, “Dust Collection and Ductwork”, “Greene & Greene Ebony Plugs”

* Jigs & Fixtures: “Parralelogram Cove Jig”, “Flexible Sanding Strip”, “Sandpaper-Cutting Jig”

In addition to all that, we have the recent Charles Neil chest of drawers build and I am currently releasing the Trestle Table build early for Guild members.

Hopefully that answers your questions. Feel free to ask if you need further clarification.

Marc, neglected to mention some of the great Guild interviews with the likes of David Marks, Vijay Velji, Michael Dresdner, and Darrell Peart among others. In the Guild interviews, we get to ask specific questions of the guests. There are also discounts with select vendors through the Guild.

Decided not to wait :P

I'm having a problem trying to download some of the videos in iTunes. It says error 3259 which is supposed to be related to my connection but I have been able to download other videos from the feed. My firewall is set to allow full access for iTunes and everything else apple. I've tried downloading the video in the hd, apple tv and ipod format but no luck with any.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :(

So if i can't get itunes to download them then I need to use third party software to capture the video so I can view it on my ipod in the shed?

edit: and is that acceptable to do? I'm assuming that since it has itunes compatibility then Marc has no issues with download for the purpose of putting it on my ipod. So is the above mentioned solution ok? Am I allowed to do that if I can't get itunes to work?

So if i can't get itunes to download them then I need to use third party software to capture the video so I can view it on my ipod in the shed?

edit: and is that acceptable to do? I'm assuming that since it has itunes compatibility then Marc has no issues with download for the purpose of putting it on my ipod. So is the above mentioned solution ok? Am I allowed to do that if I can't get itunes to work?

I think there's a link for downloading each of them in mp4 format. Once you have that, just drag the file into iTunes and you should be set.

The guild is password protected and iTunes doesn't have the functionality to handle password-protected podcast feeds. You'll have to either wade through the TWW-guild blog or pick the from the Videos menu.

This is actually not true. iTunes does handle password protected feeds and you can indeed subscribe to the Guild videos in iTunes. In fact, we have a big button on the right hand side of the Guild home page that says, "Subscribe in iTunes". Click that and you'll see instructions on how to do it. Very simple. You just need to manually add the video feeds to iTunes since you will not find it in the directory.