Shop space!

lynxsg

I reclaimed a nice amount of floor space by mounting my long clamps upside down. Yes, upside down. They are clamped to a board as they were before, only now there is clear floor space underneath.

The 'tails' of my long clamps (and others) now take up space nearer the ceiling, and I roll a couple of my power tools under them.

The clamps are readily accessible, and I have new found floor space in my shop.

Steve

p.s. a picture is more valuable than a paragraph ... if needed, I'll send a 'before and after' photo.

that's very clever!

I currently have one odd 2x3 that I clamped most of my 36" and 48" quick clamps (HF specials, mostly) to, and this dangles from whatever hook or protruding stud i can find. I'm going to have to consider hanging them upside down now...

• 6 months later...

I reclaimed a nice amount of floor space by mounting my long clamps upside down. Yes, upside down. They are clamped to a board as they were before, only now there is clear floor space underneath.

The 'tails' of my long clamps (and others) now take up space nearer the ceiling, and I roll a couple of my power tools under them.

The clamps are readily accessible, and I have new found floor space in my shop.

Steve

p.s. a picture is more valuable than a paragraph ... if needed, I'll send a 'before and after' photo.

My shop is an older 2 car garage (21 x 27) that's detached from the house. The spider monkeys that built it and my house in the 60s built it with a 7 foot ceiling BUT it does have a steep pitched roof and an upstairs. I hang my clamps from a ceiling joist so it's like having another wall to use.