Okay, How does Pay Pal work?

RichardA

jHop - I don't know what kind of debit card you have through paypal, but I don't pay any fees at all for mine.  In fact they give me a percentage back when I use it with my signature in B&M stores or for online purchases.  You may wanna look into that and save yourself $60 a year. :)

It's the Prepaid Debit Card offered through PayPal.  They have since redesigned their front page, their business page, and much of the back end of the website.  The card still exists, but you have to know where it is to find it.  Because of this, I get the feeling it will be phased out or merged with another product eventually.  I purchased it entirely by accident, thinking it was a generic PayPal card (one of those spinning kiosk items at gas stations, grocery stores, and WalMart) because I was trying to send money to a friend.  

Which is another nice thing about PayPal: you have several methods of getting funds into the account.  My friend happened to live seven states over at the time, and needed some help.  As long as you have the account numbers on the pack of the reload cards, you have control of the money tied to that card.  (Example: pay $5 for the card, and give the gas station $100.  There's now $100 floating in the electronic void.  Log in to your PayPayl account, select 'deposit funds,' enter the code, and instantly that floating money is now in your account.  Or, send the prepaid card to a friend, and they get the funds.)  You can also send funds to friends or family without too much issue, or send money to retailers such as yourself, kiki.  (Did that myself with Roger here, thanks for the blanks!)

But, yeah.... there are better options and other options and cheaper options.  Since this card was tied to my account, goes for another few years, was already activated, and filled a hole in my digital needs, I kept it.  If I had done research before hand, I would have found a cheaper option (even within PayPal).  The nice thing is that they do offer some cash back items; selected retailers offer programs that you can earn money back by purchasing items from them.  My problem is either there's no location of that retailer near me, or I'm broke when the offer comes by.  I have more issues with the latter part of that statement.