The Woodworking Show - Portland OR Nov 12-14

Wow! Didn't realize it was going to be in Portland this weekend. I would love to attend, but knee deep finishing a couple of hobby horses for for my sister in-laws twins who are turning a year old on Sunday. Hobby horses are assembled but have to attach the eyes, ears, mane, and tail, and have to check and touch up the finish if necessary. Birthday party is Sunday. I hate to miss the woodworking show. Have a great time!

SQ

Don't feel too bad. The show was more about selling than teaching, which I expected. There were some interesting demos, but they were all set up to show off a particular line of tools rather than a technique, but since I knew that going in, it was still fun to see them in action.

It was indeed the same show that was in Seattle last year, but it was only about half the size, which I also expected. Interestingly, pretty much everything that was for sale was almost exactly the same as it was in the store. No real show deals this time. Still, who can say no to playing with all the toys in the Lee Valley booth?!

So all-in-all, it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't have made a special trip just to go to the show.

Unfortunately, I was looking for replacements for a particular set of safety goggles I had purchased at the show last year, and this year they weren't there, so I'm going to have to buff out and re-polish the ones I have. Initial tests are promising, so maybe I'll have to post a blog entry if it works.

Unfortunately, I was looking for replacements for a particular set of safety goggles I had purchased at the show last year, and this year they weren't there, so I'm going to have to buff out and re-polish the ones I have. Initial tests are promising, so maybe I'll have to post a blog entry if it works.

Definitely post an article on that. I had a favorite pair that the neighborhood klepto took and while playing with them on our lovely gravel landscaping ground some nasty scratches. Did find a vendor who sells replacement lenses, but thought maybe (too much) time with P2000 w/d paper would do it. Maybe McGuire's Plast-X polish, too. Anyway, I'd be all over that post.

Ready on Thursday, right?