Dave in Watertown, WI here

O-Kid

I am usually just a lurker - so much to do and so little time to do it. I have been accumulating tools over the last few years and now have enough that I rarely get my pickup truck back in the garage. The poor thing is probably right now being pelted by black walnuts falling out of the tree it is parked under. My wife says I can get the engine in my Cessna 150 redone when I get her new kitchen cabinets built. I may never get off the ground again!

I am usually just a lurker - so much to do and so little time to do it. I have been accumulating tools over the last few years and now have enough that I rarely get my pickup truck back in the garage. The poor thing is probably right now being pelted by black walnuts falling out of the tree it is parked under. My wife says I can get the engine in my Cessna 150 redone when I get her new kitchen cabinets built. I may never get off the ground again!

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite. I am in the Madison area. And it sounds like you need to cut that pesky walnut tree down and turn it into some furniture..

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite. I am in the Madison area. And it sounds like you need to cut that pesky walnut tree down and turn it into some furniture..

Over MY dead body will it come down. My wife will kill me if I touch her precious black walnut, even if it keeps killing our lawn. Our family has about 90 acres of swamp and woods up in the Northern Kettle Moraine we may be selling later this year and I plan to yank some oak and maple out before we sell it. My brother-in-law has a Wood Mizer and he'll cut it up and dry it for me. Unfortunately, I won't be going into the woods until several million mosquitoes die. I can barely walk across my lawn, much less walk in the woods. Catch you at Woodcraft in Madison sometime.

Over MY dead body will it come down. My wife will kill me if I touch her precious black walnut, even if it keeps killing our lawn. Our family has about 90 acres of swamp and woods up in the Northern Kettle Moraine we may be selling later this year and I plan to yank some oak and maple out before we sell it. My brother-in-law has a Wood Mizer and he'll cut it up and dry it for me. Unfortunately, I won't be going into the woods until several million mosquitoes die. I can barely walk across my lawn, much less walk in the woods. Catch you at Woodcraft in Madison sometime.

I am there enough you might actually catch me there. Just look for the guy in the wheelchair. If I dont see you there, I will catch you at the Milwaukee Rockler. WHy dont you go to the Woodcraft in Milwaukee?

I am there enough you might actually catch me there. Just look for the guy in the wheelchair. If I dont see you there, I will catch you at the Milwaukee Rockler. WHy dont you go to the Woodcraft in Milwaukee?

I go to both Woodcrafts and Rockler. I recently went to New Glarus Lumber to get some Southern Yellow Pine to build a workbench. There is a shop up in Green Bay I've been to once, can't remember the name. We have a lumber yard just north of Watertown where I usually get my wood, but also get to Kettle Moraine Hardwoods up near Slinger once in a while too. Unfortunately for my wallet I drive a pickup truck!

I go to both Woodcrafts and Rockler. I recently went to New Glarus Lumber to get some Southern Yellow Pine to build a workbench. There is a shop up in Green Bay I've been to once, can't remember the name. We have a lumber yard just north of Watertown where I usually get my wood, but also get to Kettle Moraine Hardwoods up near Slinger once in a while too. Unfortunately for my wallet I drive a pickup truck!

For future reference, I found a place in Madison that has SYP. I too just wen tot New Glarus to get some. It is called McCormick Lumber or something like that. They also have the West Epoxy System.