Bandsaw Video

Chet

As a retired but still young person (retired when I was 52) with a fair amount of time to spend in my wood shop now, I have spent a portion of the last year updating and remodeling my garage shop in between projects.   I upgraded my table saw, finally put in a dust collection system and upgraded my planer for starters.  Just this week I purchased a yet to be delivered bandsaw.  After spending a serious amount of time researching and reading both here and elsewhere, I decided on the Laguna 1412.  One of the things that really help was a video I found on their website.  It is an hour and 16 minutes long but is also listed in 14 segments if you don't want to watch it all at once.  It shows virtually the entire unpacking and set up process and gives a pretty good look at the fit and finish.  I would say this is the next best thing to seeing one in person.  Also, I had seen some comments about the manual and some of the terms used in the manual and this video clears a lot of that up, I feel like I could almost assemble the saw with out the manual now.  I am not trying to advertise for them, I just found the video very well done and helpful.  

If you are interested go to their website and at the bottom of their home page in the left column there is a video link and on the bottom half of the next page there is a list of all their videos and the 1412 is the first ones listed.