Bad Day?

Raefco

Thanks guys

Eric

I will do my best to not burn this one down, not only would that be very suspect, but they would not let me insure it full value due to neighborhood and resale value. As a union bricklayer of 28 years it had to be brick.

I was considering building 100% masonry, just too much time and engineering considering we built it off the orginal sketch up, 1/4" graph paperprints

No worries Mike

The unions are a bit over bearing up there but I think a lot of the building code you guys deal with come for the great fire and the densily pack houses. I love driving through those areas and looking at all the differant masonry homes in the differant burbs

No worries Mike

The unions are a bit over bearing up there but I think a lot of the building code you guys deal with come for the great fire and the densily pack houses. I love driving through those areas and looking at all the differant masonry homes in the differant burbs

Agreed -  personally I think it is a good thing.  I come from a union family and am all for keeping builiding codes strict.  My dad was a union pipefitter for 40 years.   

I used to live in a town with lots of 1910-1920's masonry construction. Beautiful.    Even my grandmothers house, a small 1949 cape cod, was 100% brick (side and back were common clay brick) and you could see the brick layers were artists and put their stamp in a few places.    Nowadays it is all about getting it done in time and under budget :)

• 1 month later...

The red cross was there before the fire was out, with gift cards, care bags and hotel accommodations. They are awesome…

I can totally support this statement. 

In 2008, I was deployed in Iraq. I left here when my wife was about 7 months pregnant.

Due to the nature of my job,  we spent 90% of our time on the road.  

One morning, returning to base after a 3 day route clearance mission, there was a box on my cot in our tent from the red cross.

Inside was a box of cigars, a bunch of pictures of my newborn son, a voice recorder with a message from my wife and hand drawn pictures from my other child. 

The picure were time stamped. . 2 days ago.

They sent the box by civilian currier to Baghdad, where a RC employee hand delivered it to the machine gun covered, razor wire serpentine gates of Camp Fallujah.

It took the Marine Corps another 3 days to get me the message. Via RADIO.

I am now a lifetime donor to the RC