buffing out top coat

jimmykx250

I recently finished a dresser build for a friend and im not happy with my final water based clear coat finish. The product is general finishes satin clear coat and i must say it must have been user error during application because the front half of the top is smooth as glass and the back half is rough. Applied with a fuji q4 hvlp. Can this be buffed out with steel wool? I have multiple coats of paint below as well as multiple coats of clear so im not worried about buffing thru to the paint. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Im supposed to deliver this Friday!!! Thanks.

Got that sandy feeling, :unsure: probably over-spray or your vertical areas weren't sprayed wet enough? If its not too rough block /wet sand with some soapy water and 600 paper to get things flat and smooth. Go online and buy some Abralon sanding pads that will attach to your hook and loop ros sander. Wet sand with 1000 grit will take you to a satin finish.

abralon_discs_lg.jpg

Just make sure the water based topcoat has cured good. Don't worry about your deadline...sometime s&*t happens, if it takes you 2 weeks... so be it. Take your time and enjoy the process.

Abralon Sanding Pads He sells both Sia and Abralon Pads.

-Ace-