3 HP Unisaw cabinet saw versus 3 HP SawStop cabinet saw

Onboard

Personally I would not buy the SS on the safety issue alone. I would buy it if it had better ease of use, accuracy, sturdiness, and just built better overall. Im not a rooky and have been using tablesaws for way to long to be scared and don't get me wrong, I do fear its power, but if you like taking a lot of chances always in a rush, don't think clearly, or are to lazy to use shop or commercially made jigs and push sticks, because safety should always be first priority!, then Sawstop is for you.

I have and will again run into nail inbedded wood since I do work with reclaimed wood, I would hate to replace cartridges or the thought of having to remember to shut of safety feature every time I may think there's a are nails or staples in wood. I have and old early 90s uni-saw and love it! Ive used the SS and was impressed but not enough to switch. 

On 2/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, Juanoramo said:

Personally I would not buy the SS on the safety issue alone. I would buy it if it had better ease of use, accuracy, sturdiness, and just built better overall. Im not a rooky and have been using tablesaws for way to long to be scared and don't get me wrong, I do fear its power, but if you like taking a lot of chances always in a rush, don't think clearly, or are to lazy to use shop or commercially made jigs and push sticks, because safety should always be first priority!, then Sawstop is for you.

I have and will again run into nail inbedded wood since I do work with reclaimed wood, I would hate to replace cartridges or the thought of having to remember to shut of safety feature every time I may think there's a are nails or staples in wood. I have and old early 90s uni-saw and love it! Ive used the SS and was impressed but not enough to switch. 

Then don't buy one.. They operate the same, but you have a safety feature..

Obviously you've made a personal decision, maybe not the smartest..

• Like 1